WestLand Resources Inc., is actively seeking an experienced field director/project manager to oversee archaeological survey, testing and data recovery projects throughout Arizona and New Mexico. The successful candidate can work out of WestLand's Phoenix or Tucson office.
WestLand's cultural resources consulting practice specializes in archaeological surveys, monitoring, archaeological testing, and data recovery projects for a variety of clients throughout the Southwest.WestLand's staff members are well versed in city, state, and federal procedures and policies. The successful candidate will have to be able to be permitted by the Arizona State Museum as a Project Director and should hold additional Forest Service and BLM permits.
- Master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or related field. Bachelor's degree in Archaeology,
Anthropology, or related field AND additional years of experience may substitute Master's degree.
- A Minimum of two years supervisory experience in the American Southwest
- Previous experience writing technical archaeological reports.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and creative environment.
- Ability to travel for assignments
- Previous experience managing budgets and schedules for a variety of cultural resources
- Business development and proposal development experience
- Project Management
- Supervise field crews
- Conduct and Oversee Class III Cultural Resource Surveys
- Conduct eligibility testing projects
- Conduct archaeological Data Recovery Projects
- Other related duties as assigned
At WestLand, our purpose is to sustain a friendly, inspired company, where dedicated people work together to create exceptional outcomes. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that is relaxed and collaborative, while supporting the highest standards for project delivery and work product quality. Our team approach to both project and staff development naturally fosters a tight-knit environment of uniquely skilled and experienced professionals, learning from and helping one another.
Westland is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite applications from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about WestLand Resources, please visit our website at www.WestLandresources.com