At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Cultural Resource Specialist 2, a mid-level cultural resources position, we’ll count on you to:
- Provide support to and work with senior-level cultural resources staff on all aspects of cultural resources projects
- Supervise field crews in archaeological monitoring, survey, testing, and data recovery
- Write and review technical reports at a professional level
- Assist with preparation of research designs, agreement documents, Historic Property Treatment Plans, and Section 106 consultations.
- Perform archaeological fieldwork independently
- Conduct background and archival research
- Make National Register of Historic Places site evaluations and recommendations for treatment
- Demonstrate a commitment to data confidentiality agreements and professional ethics standards
- Demonstrate an interest and willingness to learn and accept increasing responsibility for tasks
- Perform other duties as needed *LI-JF1
Keywords: Cultural Resources Specialist 2, 159383, archaeological, archaeologist, archaeology, anthropology, anthropologist, National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA),
- Master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology or closely related field
- 5+ years experience in cultural resource management in Arizona or adjacent states
- Meet Secretary of Interior qualifications;
- demonstrated knowledge of Arizona prehistory and history and material culture;
- Demonstrated experience writing technical reports, and, ability to write at a professional level.
- Candidates should have demonstrated understanding of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA),
- Experience conducting and supervising fieldwork, research, interpretation of field data, QC reviews, and the regulatory framework for cultural resource management in Arizona.
- The candidate will have strong communication skills and the ability to work closely with clients, contractors, and fellow employees.
- Candidates must be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures).
- Candidates should also have good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn and execute new tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must demonstrate knowledge of and experience with project compliance-related activities including consultation, quality assurance and reviews
- Willingness to work under varied weather conditions
- Successful candidates must be familiar with field study design and documentation, regulatory framework for cultural resource management, and GIS utilities
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- GIS Software experience
- Experience with transportation projects
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.