PROJECT DIRECTOR – Fulltime/Permanent – $52,000 to $65,000/year commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate either will be currently permitted or meet the qualifications to be immediately permitted as a Project Director/Field Director with a variety of public land managing agencies at the Federal and state level with particular emphasis the on U.S. Forest Service and Bureau of Land Management, and in Arizona, Utah, Nevada, and New Mexico. Experience in California, Idaho, west Texas, and western Colorado is also beneficial but not necessary. The position requires the ability to supervise cultural resources surveys and other archaeological projects in remote locations and over steep terrain, and often requires camping for a week or more at a time. Therefore, a clean driving record and the ability to work out-of-town for multiple sequential field sessions are also essential. The successful candidate will provide demonstrable expertise supervising all aspects of cultural resources survey, site recording and site significance evaluations, as well as technical report writing. Experience with archaeological, monitoring, testing and data recovery is a plus but is not required. Candidates should be well-versed with the completion of survey forms (from a variety of states and federal agencies, but particularly those noted above), operating GPS units with a data recorder, and conducting quality control/quality assurance reviews of data. The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of Federal cultural resources regulations (particularly National Historic Preservation Act Section 106 compliance), the ability to coordinate and communicate with agencies and clients and manage budgets and schedules. The candidates also should be motivated, resourceful, dedicated, and organized. Applicants must have at least a master’s degree in Anthropology or Archaeology and a minimum of five years of work experience as a supervisory archaeologist (e.g., Crew Chief, Project/Field Director). This position also has potential for advancement to Principal Investigator/Project Manager, if or when the candidate meets the necessary requirements. The ideal candidate is someone who desires a long-term career in archaeology/CRM (preferably with EnviroSystems) with advancements in responsibilities and commensurate compensation based on demonstrable abilities and competence.
Project Director Responsibilities
- Managing cultural resource projects of various scopes and sizes
- Supervising archaeological field crews
- Directing cultural resources inventories with in-field analyses and documentation of prehistoric and/or historic artifacts and archaeological features
- Authoring and editing site documentation forms and writing technical reports
- Completing projects within schedule and on budget
- Effectively and accurately communicating with agency compliance personnel, clients, and coworkers
Project Director Qualifications
- Graduate degree in archaeology or anthropology
- At least 5 years supervisory archaeology and fieldwork experience
- Ability to be listed on EnviroSystems’ various federal and state cultural resource permits
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Good technical writing skills with a record of completing, editing, and producing cultural resource compliance reports, and meeting deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment requiring multitasking, task prioritization, and responsibility/task delegation without strict supervision
EnviroSystems Management, Inc. Permanent Full-time Employee Status / Benefits
- Permanent (year-long, year after year employment; not project to project and not employed as a contractor)
- Full-time (40 hours per week; not “on-call” or “as needed”)
- Employer-paid medical insurance (includes Dental, Vision, and Long-term Disability), Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions, 401(k) plan with employer match up to 3%, paid sick leave, and paid vacation.
If interested in the above position, please submit a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com