Desert Archaeology is woman-owned small business providing full service cultural resource management. Office Headquarters are in Tucson and a branch office in Phoenix. Desert Archaeology was founded in 1982 and has been at the forefront of Arizona cultural resource management. The company is distinguished by our investment in building knowledge and communities through research about the past.
Desert Archaeology is seeking an experienced, motivated, solutions-oriented archaeologist/historian/ projects manager to assist with the management of projects in Tucson and Phoenix offices. The successful candidate will have experience in cultural resource management, strong organizational skills, and enjoy collaborative work. In their Assistant Projects Manager role, they will help develop new work opportunities, be responsible for tracking projects, and represent company values to Desert Archaeology clients and the public.
This is a 30-40 hour per week, permanent, position with full medical, and PTO benefits.
Responsibilities will include the following. We expect that some tasks will be conducted in a support role on larger efforts, and some will be done independently.
- Work with senior Desert Archaeology administrative staff and office manager.
- Provide client support for on-call/IDIQ contracts.
- Respond to requests for information.
- Provide project scopes of work and cost proposals.
- Assist with the preparation of proposals.
- Develop and oversee budgets.
- Maintain project record keeping.
- Prepare progress reports.
- Assist with maintaining and growing client base.
- Assist with review and quality control of project deliverables.
- Represent Desert Archaeology at public engagement and professional events.
- Degree in anthropology, archaeology, history, architecture, or related fields.
- Experience in cultural/heritage resource management.
- Permittable by the Arizona State Museum at the Project Director level and Secretary of the Interior qualified preferred.
- 5 years of archaeological experience
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and database skills
- Proficiency with Google Earth and similar spatial programs
- Willing to do some travel, particularly to Phoenix.
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Work site is in Tucson.
- Experience in the western US.
- US resident/citizen
Minimum expected wages $24/hour, negotiable with experience.
Please learn more about us at www.desert.com.
Desert Archaeology is an Equal Opportunity Employment company.
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, and names of three references to:
Patricia Castalia, Operations Director
Desert Archaeology, Inc.
3975 N. Tucson Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85716