Harris Environmental Group (HEG) is looking to hire Archaeological Field Technicians for multiple cultural resources survey projects in New Mexico, Arizona, and Colorado.
Crews will primarily be working 8-day sessions, Thursday to Thursday, at 10-hours per day. The projects are expected to begin in August and continue through the late fall.
Field Technicians are responsible for assisting the Crew Lead in identifying and recording cultural resources in the field. This includes identifying and documenting all types of regional artifacts and features, thoroughly filling out appropriate site forms, site/artifact photography, navigating survey transects with Garmin GPS, and mapping sites using Trimble GPS.
HEG offers competitive pay and per diem.
- Bachelor’s Degree in archaeology, anthropology, or related field
- Ability to work in hot or cold conditions, inclement weather, and remote locations
- Ability to hike up to 10 miles a day in rugged terrain while carrying up to 30 lbs. of gear/water
- Accredited field school
- At least 6 months of experience in CRM pedestrian survey
- Proficiency with basic Garmin GPS devices and familiarity with Trimble GPS (Terrasync)
- Skill using digital tablets for site recordation
- Experience identifying and documenting prehistoric and historic artifacts and features
HEG is an award-winning, woman-owned cultural and natural resources consulting firm specializing in the American Southwest. Our team includes archaeologists, architectural historians, wildlife biologists, environmental scientists, plant ecologists, and administrative personnel. We have a long history of working with federal, state, and local agencies throughout the Southwest, and our clients benefit from the collective experience of our diverse group of specialists. HEG is an Equal Opportunity Employer – women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please send cover letter (including date of availability) and CV/resume to Lirain Urreiztieta at email@example.com and Jonathan Damp at firstname.lastname@example.org.