WestLand Resources Inc. is seeking on-call Archaeology Field Technicians for our growing Arizona team. If you are looking for a flexible work schedule, interesting and diverse projects, and an opportunity to learn and grow with a terrific company, then WestLand is the place for you! Our crews can be found working throughout the Southwest on CRM projects for private and public sector clients. For out-of-town work that includes overnight or longer duration stays, per diem and single-occupancy hotel rooms are provided. The successful candidates can be based out of either WestLand's Phoenix or Tucson office. When you join WestLand, you join a growing, employee-owned company with a reputation for providing high-quality results and excellent service.
- Associates Degree or higher in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field. Prior on-the-job archeology experience may substitute for educational requirements.
- Previous experience in archaeology.
- Ability to conduct fieldwork for long hours in a desert environment featuring extreme temperatures, rough terrain and potential high altitudes.
- Ability to carry up to 60 pounds of equipment and supplies.
- Ability to bend and kneel for long periods of time.
- Ability to travel out of town for work throughout the Southwest, often on short notice and for extended periods (paid drive time, per diem and hotel provided).
- Reliable personal transportation to WestLand offices or local field sites.
- Ability to work as a member of a cohesive team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and creative environment.
- Under direction of a field supervisor, conduct archaeological field work (field survey, testing, monitoring and data recovery excavations).
- Under direction of field supervisor, record artifacts, features and other manifestations using Trimble GIS, map archaeological features and sites, draw scaled profiles and plans, and maintain paperwork, notes and records.
- Process and catalog artifacts and other materials under lab staff supervision.
- Perform preliminary analysis and lab tasks under lab staff supervision.
- File and scan records and paperwork.
- Complete record searches and report tables under supervision of senior staff.
WestLand prides itself on providing a work environment that is relaxed and collaborative, while supporting the highest standards for project delivery and work product quality. Our team approach to both project and staff development naturally fosters a tight-knit environment of uniquely skilled and experienced professionals, learning from and helping one another.
WestLand is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite applications from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about WestLand Resources, please visit our website at www.WestLandresources.com To apply, visit our careers section at Westland Resources Job Listings
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability