Archaeological Consulting Services (ACS), now a Commonwealth Heritage Group, Inc. Company, has been providing cultural resource services in Arizona for 44 years and environmental planning services for 20+ years. ACS, now the Tempe, Arizona office of Commonwealth, is seeking to hire an experienced cultural resource Principal Investigator (PI) in a full-time role.
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Anthropology (Archaeology);
- qualify as a Project Director and Principal Investigator for our Arizona state permit (requirements can be found here: https://statemuseum.arizona.edu/crm/documents);
- 10+ years of experience in archaeology (Southwest preferred), with two as a PI;
- Three+ years of experience managing multiple small and mid-size projects and providing support for larger (>$1M) projects;
- effected cultural resource compliance within the framework of state and federal regulations;
- track record for conducting and reporting on relevant research;
- registration with the Register of Professional Archaeologists (preferred); and
- ideally, have a close familiarity with the performance of such tasks in Arizona and under ADOT contracts.
The successful candidate’s experience must include project management; working with clients and regulators; assessing National Register of Historic Places eligibility; preparing research designs, treatment plans, and budgets for proposals of all types; monitoring field progress; coordinating with the lab and with report authors; writing and compiling reports; and drafting consultation documents. Experience managing projects with budgets over $200,000 is desired. Strong supervisory, writing, and verbal communication skills are essential, as is attention to detail. Experience with budgeting and tracking, as well as the ability to bring projects to successful completion on time and within budget, are essential.
Commonwealth offers an excellent range of benefits (health, dental, life, and disability insurance, paid leave, 401(k) plan with company match, etc.). Commonwealth is an M/F/D/V Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply today! Or find more information about this position and other available positions at www.commonwealthheritagegroup.com/careers/. To apply please send a cover letter identifying the position for which you are applying, your salary requirements, and how soon you could start as well as your resume, including the names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references. This position is open until March 31, 2022 (although it may be filled sooner).