Want to work for one of the largest, most innovative CRM firms in the United States? Want to work on rewarding projects using industry-leading technologies? Want to live in one of the fastest-growing cities in the nation, where it’s cloudy fewer than 70 days per year? If so, please read on!
PaleoWest Archaeology is a solution driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best CRM professionals in the industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking. We are currently seeking a Cultural Resource Project Manager for our Phoenix office. This is a full time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package, huge growth potential, and an aggressive bonus program. The successful applicant will work alongside our existing staff to successfully navigate a variety of federal, state, and municipal ordinances for our clients. Candidates must minimally have a Master’s degree in anthropology, archaeology, or a closely related field and 10 years of demonstrated professional experience working on survey, testing, and data recovery projects. Experience with the archaeology and history of the American Southwest is preferred.
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of federal, state, and municipal regulations pertaining to cultural resources
- Experience in Arizona and, preferably, adjacent states
- Ability to be permitted on federal and Arizona-state permits
- Experience preparing a variety of technical reports (including treatment plans and comprehensive data recovery reports)
- Experience developing and overseeing project budgets and proposals
- Ability to lead field crews on survey, testing, and data recovery projects
- Experience managing simple to complex survey and excavation projects
The successful candidate will work in our Phoenix office most days. However, the candidate will also oversee local and non-local field projects and should be able and willing to travel throughout Arizona and, potentially, adjacent states. Salary will be commensurate with experience and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please email a current resume, cover letter, at least two professional references, and two writing samples to email@example.com using the subject line: Phoenix Project Manager.