Want to work for one of the largest, most innovative CRM firms in the United States? Want to work on rewarding projects using industry-leading technologies? Want to live in one of the fastest-growing cities in the nation, where it’s cloudy fewer than 70 days per year? If so, please read on!
PaleoWest Archaeology is a solution driven archaeological consulting firm that prides itself on employing the best CRM professionals in the industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, PaleoWest places an emphasis on supporting our clients’ needs, fostering new technologies that advance our industry while better protecting its fragile resources, and promoting professional development within the framework of innovation and forward thinking. We are currently seeking a Cultural Resource Principal Investigator for our Phoenix office. This is a full time, salaried position that comes with a great benefits package, huge growth potential, and an aggressive bonus program. The successful applicant will work alongside our existing staff to successfully navigate a variety of federal, state, and municipal ordinances for our clients. Preference will be given to candidates with a Ph.D. in anthropology. However, candidates with a Master’s degree in anthropology and 15 years of demonstrated experience will also be considered. Experience with the archaeology and history of the American Southwest is required.
Desired knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of federal, state, and municipal regulations pertaining to cultural resources
- Experience in Arizona and, preferably, adjacent states
- Ability to be permitted as a Principal Investigator on federal and Arizona-state permits
- Experience preparing a variety of technical reports (including treatment plans and comprehensive data recovery reports)
- Experience serving as a Principal Investigator on survey, testing, and data recovery projects
- Experience developing and overseeing project budgets and proposals
The successful candidate will work closely with our Office Principal and other senior staff in our Phoenix office. Salary will be commensurate with experience and bonuses will be offered for exceptional performance. Our benefits package includes health insurance, a 401(k) plan with employer matching after six months of employment, personal time off, telecommuting, and a flexible work schedule. If you are interested in joining our rapidly growing team of professionals, please email a current resume, cover letter, at least two professional references, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Phoenix Principal Investigator.