WestLand Resources Inc. is actively seeking an experienced principal investigator to support our cultural resources consulting practice. WestLand’s cultural resources consulting practice specializes in archaeological surveys (Class I through III), cultural resource evaluations, monitoring, archaeological testing, and data recovery for a variety of clients throughout the Southwest. WestLand’s staff members are well versed in city, state, and federal procedures and policies and have completed numerous archaeological assignments including testing and data recovery.
Principal Investigator Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage project scope, schedule and budget in alignment with client and firms needs
- Manage project progress using Enterprise Resource Planning Software
- Develop Historic Properties Treatment Plans
- Direct project specific research of analysts and field directors
- Write synthesis chapters for data recovery reports
- Review survey, testing, and data recovery reports for accuracy and adherence to agency guidelines
- Schedule personnel
- Mentor junior staff in developing research and compliance documents
- Interact with agency archaeologists
- Regular communication with clients
- Participate in marketing and proposal efforts
Required, Education, Skills and Experience:
- Prefer Ph.D. but will consider M.A. with appropriate experience and permits
- Five years cultural resources management field experience in the American Southwest
- Hold an ASM Principal Investigator permit or be able to qualify for one
- Expertise in local, state, and federal cultural resources laws and regulations
- Experience in managing large cultural resources survey and data recovery projects
- Experience writing and reviewing technical archaeological reports
WestLand is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
WestLand is an at-will employer as allowed by applicable state law.
WestLand provides growth potential, professional development opportunities and competitive compensation, including a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees. Salary DOE. Send cover letter & resume to: WestLand Resources, Inc., 4001 E. Paradise Falls Dr. Tucson, AZ 85712. Attn: SWR. Or via our company website: www.westlandresources.com or email to: email@example.com.