Posting Date: 6/30/2015
We are currently seeking resumes from a qualified Field Supervisor for our Arizona office. Primarily supervise field staff doing archaeological survey, monitoring, and excavation.
- Prepare technical reports documenting the results of fieldwork and archival research
- Perform evaluations and make recommendations for significance, effect, and treatment of cultural properties
- Draft consultation letters
- Prepare graphics for reports
- Assists in the development of work plans, research design, and mitigation proposals Assist in the creation of project scopes and budget
- Conduct site file searches at federal, state and private repositories
- Upload project and site data to AZSITE
- Assist clients with state, federal, and tribal cultural resources compliance
Working Conditions and Environment:
This position will require general supervision and will have to use independent judgment within established guidelines. Generally uses advanced knowledge to analyze, interpret, or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances. Will need the ability to establish rapport quickly with others working on the same project, and be able to promote a positive team environment. A working knowledge of dealing with a diverse population while using tact, diplomacy, and respect.
Company Overview: AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc. (AZTEC) is headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and provides diversified technical and consulting services to clients in the Unites States. AZTEC has offices in California, Colorado, Indiana, Nevada, and Texas. AZTEC is part of the TYPSA Group, a global consulting firm with offices in over 30 countries and a staff of over 2,000 professionals world-wide. AZTEC has a diverse culture that focuses on providing rich opportunities for its employees. AZTEC offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing program. AZTEC is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to affirmative action planning.
- Minimum BA or BS degree in archaeology or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Southwest prehistory and/or history, archaeological method and theory, Section 106 compliance, and state regulations on the management of cultural resources
- Demonstrates experience directing testing and data recovery excavations
- Capable of being listed on AZTEC’s state and federal permits
- Perform fieldwork in adverse conditions (rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures, arid environments, dense vegetation) and carry 25 pounds of equipment
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a good driving record
Please respond by emailing your resume to email@example.com.
Please include “Field Supervisor” in the subject line.
Job Type: Employee Job Status : Full-time/Exempt
Contact Information: Contact Person: April Romero – Human Resources Manager