Cornerstone Environmental is a small, locally owned environmental consulting company located in Flagstaff, Arizona. Cornerstone has been a part of the southwestern archaeological community for over a decade, and has successfully completed a variety of archaeological projects throughout the Four Corners region. Cornerstone offers industry-competitive wages and decades of leadership experience to help you achieve your career goals.
Cornerstone is currently seeking a range of applicants across the Crew Member and Crew Chief (supervisory) experience levels for upcoming archaeological projects (primarily Class III archaeological surveys) for a variety of land jurisdictions in the region. Applicants are expected to have experience with:
- Conducting fieldwork in a cultural resource management setting (ideally in the Southwest)
- Orienteering and operating handheld Garmin and Trimble GPS receivers and iPads
- Identifying archaeological artifacts and features
- Archaeological site recording, including artifact identification and site mapping
- Following agency standards and guidelines around archaeological survey and health and safety
- A range of reporting objectives following fieldwork
These positions are generally offered on a temporary basis, paid hourly, and offered per diem and/or accommodation if work is conducted outside of the Flagstaff area. Hourly wage is determined based on experience, with federal projects being subject to the Service Contract Act (SCA) wage scale. Further, Cornerstone understands that people work with others whom they trust, so there are longer-term and/or regular status opportunities for individuals who prove their worth!
While Cornerstone is interested in seeing a variety of experience levels, all applicants must:
- Hold a B.A. or M.A. in anthropology, archaeology or a related field
- Be able to work in remote locations, often at an elevation exceeding 7,000 feet
- Be able to hike over steep and challenging terrain for extended periods of time
- Be able to carry a pack weighing up to 45 pounds in the above conditions
- Be able to effectively and professionally communicate with both crew members and supervisors
If you have the above skills and experience, please submit a letter of interest and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be considered. No phone calls please.