Archaeological Consulting Services, Ltd. (ACS), a 43-year-old environmental planning firm in Tempe, Arizona, is seeking to hire a cultural resource Principal Investigator (PI). The successful candidate will:
- have a Ph.D. or Master’s degree in Anthropology (Archaeology);
- qualify as a Project Director and Principal Investigator for our Arizona state permit (requirements can be found here: https://statemuseum.arizona.edu/crm/documents);
- have 10 or more years of experience in archaeology (Southwest preferred), with two as a PI;
- have three or more years of experience managing multiple small and mid-size projects and providing support for larger (>$1M) projects;
- have an understanding of cultural resource compliance within the framework of state and federal regulations;
- have a track record for conducting and reporting on relevant research; and
- ideally, have a close familiarity with the performance of such tasks in Arizona and under ADOTcontracts.
The graduate degree and qualifications for the Principal Investigator on an Arizona state permit will be shown preference; we may be able to work with you on achieving the specific combination of experience ASM requires for the PI if you qualify as a Project Director. Although the other requirements listed are more flexible, keep in mind we are looking for a highly experienced person with local experience preferred. The successful candidate’s experience must include project management; working with clients and regulators; assessing National Register of Historic Places eligibility; preparing research designs, treatment plans, and budgets for proposals of all types; monitoring field progress, coordinating with the lab and with report authors, writing and compiling reports, and drafting consultation documents. Experience managing projects with budgets over $200,000 is desired. Strong supervisory, writing, and verbal communication skills are essential, as is attention to detail. Experience with budgeting and tracking, as well as the ability to bring projects to successful completion on time and within budget, are essential.
This position is salaried with benefits, eligible for the full ACS benefits package, including vacation, 10 paid holidays, sick leave, a significant portion of the employee1s health and dental insurance paid under the company plan, and participation in a 401(k) program after six months. The pay level is competitive commensurate with experience.
For additional information about ACS and this position, please check out our website (http://www.acstempe.com). To apply please send a cover letter identifying the position for which you are applying, your salary requirements, and how soon you could start if offered a position as well as your resume, including the names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references who can comment on the skills required for this position to: acs_jobs’@acstempe.com. Please include Principal Investigator in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls please. This position is open until December 31, 2020 (although it may be filled sooner). ACS does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, or disability, or any other characteristic protected under the law.